Local

A BOY DIED BY ELECTRIC SHOCK AT PHALANG VILLAGE, MANIPUR

A boy died following electric shock at Phalang village under Phungyar subdivision.  As per information, the incident happened this morning after the boy accidentally stepped on a snapped electric pole at the village, a report said. The deceased, a class 6 student, has been identified as MK Thotthan, son of MK Rocky of Phalang Village under Phungyar subdivision. It is also learnt that two boys, both friends of Thottam, were also seriously injured in the incident while trying to save Thotthan from being electrocuted. They have been identified as Ngahanthem Jajo, son of Ningreishang Jajo and Okpei Jajo son of Malungchang Jajo, both from Phalang village. Because of its remoteness and lack of health facility, the ambulance was arranged at Ukhrul Headquarter for picking up the victims. MK. Thotthan and his friends were home for the Good Friday and Easter holidays. Thottan along with his two friends went to visit his grandmother at Goda village, but while returning home Thotthan accidentally stepped on the live wire, leading to his death.

Comments

comments

You may also like